Thank you to all participants who made the 2015 Women In Conference such a success!
2015 AgendaPrintable Agenda
|8:00 – 8:50 a.m.||Registration and Breakfast|
|8:50 – 9:00 a.m.||Opening Remarks Holly Davies, Lorber, Greenfield & Polito, LLP|
|9:00 – 10:00 a.m.||Meet the Trailblazers Who Broke Ground for Women in the Construction Industry
This panel of women innovators with diverse roles in the construction industry will share their insight gained through their experience and success in the construction industry.
Moderator: Rina Rai, Rai & Barone, PC
• Joyia Greenfield, Lorber, Greenfield & Polito, LLP
• Susan Hecker, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
• Heather Marin, Marin Development, LLC
• Beverly Prior, AECOM
• Barbara Wagner, Clark Construction Group
|10:00 – 10:45 a.m.||Keynote Speaker – Dr. Connie Mariano – The White House Doctor|
|10:45 – 11:00 a.m.||Break|
|11:00 – 11:45 a.m.||What’s Trending Now Should be You
Whether your focus is on individual or company branding, this session will provide you with tools and direction to develop your brand.
Moderator: Danielle Feroleto, Small Giants
• Theresa Schultz, Ryan Companies
• Antonya Williams, McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.
|11:45 – 12:30 p.m.||Lunch|
|12:30 – 1:30 p.m.||The Road to Success is Paved with Great Innovation
Hear about some of the most challenging and interesting projects being built in the west
Moderator: Megan Wells, Navigant
• Martha Abbott, SmithGroupJJR
• Nibedita (Nivi) Das, AECOM
• Christine Freisinger, Wiss, Janney, Elster Associates, Inc.
• Staci Tsuda, Clark Construction Group
• Erin Young, Clark Construction Group
|1:30 – 2:15 p.m.||Safety is Changing, but Its Importance is Greater than Ever
A panel discussion on what is trending in safety and why you need to get engaged with the changes.
Moderator: Marisa Fortin, Balfour Beatty Construction
• Jodie Andersen, JoDog Safety Innovations
• Sarah Kasper, Jacobs
|2:15 – 3:00 p.m.||Become a LEAN Mean Building Machine
Everyone uses the word LEAN, but what does it really mean. Hear from the panelist as they discuss LEAN construction in actual use.
Moderator: Danette Beck, Marsh
• Lyndsee Fitzgeorge, Southland Industries
• Greg Martin, The Weitz Company
• Jennifer Taylor, HOK
|3:00 – 3:10 p.m.||Break|
|3:10 – 3:35 p.m.||Guest Speaker – City of Phoenix Councilwoman Kate Gallego
Councilwoman Gallego will talk about her work with the Equal Pay Committee and its evaluation of the City of Phoenix’s policies and recommendations to be made to the Mayor to ensure equal pay for equal work.
|3:35 – 4:30 p.m.||We’ve Come a Long Way Baby – or Have We?
This panel will look at whether women’s roles in construction have evolved over the last 10 years and where they see women’s roles going in the next 10 years.
Moderator: Chante English, Balfour Beatty Construction
• Sarah Carr, McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.
• Shannon Francoeur, DMB, Inc.
• Joan Mayer, Lennar Corporation
• Alicia Wachtel, HOK
• Sarah Young, Balfour Beatty Construction
|4:30 p.m.||Closing Remarks, Barbara Wagner, Clark Construction Group|
|4:30 – 6:30 p.m.||Cocktail Networking Reception|